We sent out the below to The Idea Farm list recently, and the chart was so good I had to share it here.
John Del Vecchio is a rare forensic accountant that sees opportunities both long and short (he runs funds on both sides including the new forensic accounting ETF). He did a short piece recently that isn’t publicly available, but touches on one of the biggest mistakes in investing – ignoring valuations and going with market cap indexes. We’ve done a lot of blog posts on the topic, including this one on Apple in 2011: “Apple – Too Big To Succeed?”
JDV includes this great chart that illustrates investing in the largest company in the US….good idea?
PS: In the month since The Idea Farm went private we’ve featured some great research:
- 5 New Asset Classes with SocGen (upcoming)
- Macro Updates with Cornerstone (upcoming)
- Inflation expectations and commodities with Guggenheim
- Cantor on Kamikaze QE
- McClellan on copper inventories
- Fundamental improvements with Janiczek
- and our GTAA paper update.
Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss any issues!
Monthly Subscription ($19/month)
Annual Subscription ($195/year – 15% cheaper)