Episode #229: Evan Brandoff, LeagueSide, “There’s No Better Way To Engage With Families In The Community Than Through Youth Sports”
Guest: Evan Brandoff is Co-Founder and CEO of LeagueSide, a startup connecting regional and national brands to local communities and families involved in youth sports, making local sponsorship scalable for both brands and youth sports leagues.
Date Recorded: 6/3/2020
To listen to Episode #229 on iTunes, click here
To listen to Episode #229 on Stitcher, click here
To listen to Episode #229 on Pocket Casts, click here
To listen to Episode #229 on Google Play, click here
To stream Episode #229, click here
Comments or suggestions? Email us Feedback@TheMebFaberShow.com or call us to leave a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Email Justin at email@example.com
Summary: In episode 229 we welcome our guest, Evan Brandoff, Co-Founder and CEO of LeagueSide. In today’s episode, we’re talking about targeted, local marketing through youth sports organizations.
Marketing through youth sports has been going on for a long time, many have played on teams with local sponsors, or have noticed a favorite local business sponsoring a team. Evan talks about evolving that model to offer automated execution through a technology platform that delivers sponsorship of local youth sports to regional and national brands.
We discuss the “aha” moment that led to the founding of LeagueSide, and the evolution of the business. We get into the impact COVID has had on the viability of youth sports leagues, and some of the tactics they are using to navigate these difficult times from a business standpoint and to support youth sports.
All this and more in episode 229 with Evan Brandoff.
Links from the Episode:
- 0:40 – Intro
- 1:41 – Welcome to our guest, Evan Brandoff
- 3:57 – Where the idea for LeagueSide came from
- 5:03 – Launching the company
- 7:54 – Early funding
- 8:56 – Scaling the business after funding
- 11:37 – Metrics and proof of concepts for brands using the platform
- 13:13 – Advertiser experience
- 15:56 – Real world tie-ins with the digital experience
- 18:40 – Business model for the company
- 19:02 – Evolution of the company from its early days
- 21:24 – Fragmentation of the business
- 24:13 – Sports LeagueSide covers
- 24:51 – VC funding
- 25:36 – How COVID is impacting the business
- 30:32 – Athletes for Care Initiative
- 32:49 – Future for LeagueSide
- 36:40 – Most rewarding or challenging moments as a startup
- 39:54 – Most memorable investment
- 42:32 – Connecting with Evan and LeagueSide – leagueside.com and Save Youth Sports 2020
Transcript of Episode 229: